Teacher of Business Studies (MPS/(UPS)
ONE YEAR FIXED TERM Full time or Part time (0.6 minimum). Start Date 1st September 2021.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner who is an enthusiastic, innovative and engaging teacher of Business Studies to join a dynamic and expanding faculty. Uptake from students at Key Stage 4 and 5 is very good in the subject, based on excellent teaching and the progress made.
Joseph Leckie Academy is a vibrant, exciting and innovative mixed 11-18 Converter Academy with an overall progress score of +0.46. With our excellent results and our continual desire and drive to continue moving forward, this is an exciting time for you to join our team. The Academy has remained for three years as the top non-selective secondary school for progress in Walsall and is one of the highest performing secondary schools in the region. Most of our students remain with us into the Sixth form.
We pride ourselves on our high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. We offer a highly supportive environment and are committed to ensuring outstanding teaching, behaviour, progress and achievement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join our dynamic team at the forefront of change and to make a real difference to our drive to continue to raise standards of education in the Academy. If you believe that you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we would love to hear from you.
The Academy is offering opportunities:
- To work with a friendly, supportive and dedicated staff, at all levels
- To develop further under our excellent leadership and support across the Academy providing rich opportunities for staff to progress at all levels
- To work in outstanding facilities, with excellent resources and the latest technology for Business Studies, teaching in our latest new building
The successful candidate must:
- Have a relevant degree or related subject and hold a UK teaching qualification with QTS or equivalent
- Have the ability to motivate, inspire and go the extra mile for our students
- Have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Business Studies and the wider Business and enterprise opportunities in todays society
- Be able to inspire students and get the best from them
- Be positive, enthusiastic and resilient
- Be an effective team member
- Have a clear understanding of transforming teaching and learning
- Have highly developed inter – personal skills and excellent ICT skills and technical abilities
- Be ambitious for further career development and enhancement
- Have the ability to teach a second subject, usually at Key Stage 3 or 4, for example, ICT/Computer Science and/or contribute to the delivery of our PDP programme at KS4.
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of Safeguarding and equal opportunities
The suitable candidate must be able to teach Business Studies at least at Key Stage 4 and 5 and experience of GCSE’s and/or vocational qualifications The Academy welcomes applications from ECT’s as well as from more experienced teachers.
For further details of the post, application form and job description and personal specification, please contact Mrs S Richards or via the Academy website.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed if and when we are able to do so – please email Sam Richards to make arrangements.
Joseph Leckie Academy is an equal opportunities employer and fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 18th June 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing: 21st June 2021