Teacher of Geography (MPS/UPS)
Required for September 2019, a confident, innovative and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography to join a dynamic and expanding Geography department. Joseph Leckie Academy is a vibrant, exciting and innovative mixed 11-18 Converter Academy with an overall progress score of +0.24.
You will have:
- The ability to motivate and inspire students
- The ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in geography
- Creative teaching skills and a professional approach
- High expectations of students
- The determination to raise student achievement
- Team skills
- A commitment and enthusiasm for geography teaching both within and beyond the classroom context
We can offer you:-
- Excellent resources
- Excellent support and professional development opportunities
- Lap top computers for student use
- Wi fi system in all geography classrooms
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Interactive Whiteboards
The suitable candidate must teach Key Stage 3 and 4 Geography, with the possibility of teaching A-level. The Academy welcomes applications from NQT’s as well as from more experienced teachers.
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB check.
Closing Date: Thursday, May 2nd 2019
Interviews will take place week commencing: Monday, April 8th 2019
For further information on the Academy, post or to apply please visit our website www.josephleckieacademy.co.uk or contact Gemma Randle by email. firstname.lastname@example.org.