The entry requirement for the AQA AS/A2 Level Computer Science course is 5 A-C’s at GCSE level including ICT and Maths at a grade B or above and English at a grade C or above.
Throughout the course pupils will study the following concepts:
- Fundamentals of programming.
- Fundamentals of data structures.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Theory of computation
- Fundamentals of data representation.
- Fundamentals of computer systems.
- Fundamentals of computer organisation and architecture.
- Consequences of uses of programming.
- Fundamentals of communication and networking.
An on-screen assessment (90mins) and written exam (90mins) to complete the AS element and an on-screen assessment (150mins), written exam (150mins) and non-exam based assessment.
- Database Administrator.
- Games Developer.
- Information Systems Manager.
- IT Consultant.
- Multimedia Programmer.
- Network Engineer.
- Systems Analyst.
- Systems Developer.
For more information contact Mrs R Field, Teacher of Computer Science.