'Minimum of 5, 9 -5 Grades at GCSE or equivalent with English and maths. Grade 6 or equivalent in your chosen study subject is preferred.
Throughout the course pupils will study the following concepts:
- Fundamentals of programming.
- Fundamentals of data structures.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Theory of computation
- Fundamentals of data representation.
- Fundamentals of computer systems.
- Fundamentals of computer organisation and architecture.
- Consequences of uses of programming.
- Fundamentals of communication and networking.
An on-screen assessment (90 mins) and written exam (90 mins) will complete the Year 12 element of study, whilst an on-screen assessment (150 mins), written exam (150 mins) and non-exam based assessment will supplement study in Year 13.
- Database Administrator.
- Games Developer.
- Information Systems Manager.
- IT Consultant.
- Multimedia Programmer.
- Network Engineer.
- Systems Analyst.
- Systems Developer.
For more information contact Mr A Gilbert, Head of ICT I Computer Science.