SUMMER 2022 delivery of Walsall Holiday Activity and Food Programme (HAF)
See below updates for summer delivery !
HAF is a free and exciting holiday programme for children and young people aged 5 to 16 who are eligible for benefit related free school meals. The programme is running over Easter (1 week), summer (4 weeks) and Christmas (1 week) school holidays. The Department of Education (DFE) has provided funding for the programme. The programme enables children to be active, to learn and to eat healthy foods and it is all FREE. Over the summer we are working with …63 providers take a look at who our providers are:
When do the summer activities start?
The activities will take place 4 weeks over the summer holidays see dates below;
· Monday 1st August – Thursday 4th August 2022
· Monday 8th August – Thursday 11th August 2022
· Monday 15th August – Thursday 18th August 2022
· Monday 22nd August – Thursday 25th August 2022
Who is eligible
· Children and young people aged 15 – 16 in receipt of benefit related free school meals
· Young carers aged 5 – 16
· Children and young people aged 5 – 16 receiving safeguarding support from an early help plan, Child in need plan, Child protection plan.
What will be on offer?
Each week over the summer holiday each eligible child will be able choose from the following;
· 1 holiday club per week – A holiday club is for 4 hours per day over 4 days a week providing a range of activities throughout each day with a healthy meal included.
· Or 3 pick and mix sessions per week targeted at young people to provide a choice of activities they can engage with, this will also provide opportunities to learn specific skills, including courses in dance, music, swimming, sports coaching, youth work training, mentoring, trips, SEND specific sessions, canoeing, family activities and lots more.…..
Once an activity has been booked for each child, the parent / carer will receive an email with confirmation of their booking. The parent / carer contact details will then be shared with the provider of the holiday activity, and they will contact the family direct to discuss any practical arrangements (arrival time, any COVID guidance, and any special requirements the child may have, including dietary needs and SEN support).
If you have any queries and want to get in touch direct with the provider, you can find contact details on the below webpage: Who are our holiday activities providers? (walsall.gov.uk)
How do families register ?
Each eligible child will receive a letter in the post with their unique code (separate code for each child) – (Please note families will only need to register once for the 2022 programme)
· Families who already registered can book onto summer activities on the 4th July 2022
· A letter will be sent out to children who haven’t yet registered on Monday 4th July 2022 with their unique code - see attached letter for your records
· Families can register and book activities using the HAF portal link;
Link to sign up https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children_and_young_people/haf_signup or families can call the HAF team on 01922 653899 (Monday to Friday 10:00- 16:00) /
Joseph Leckie Academy HAF
JLA will also be taking part in the HAF programme and running the programme with students in Year 7 and Year 8 at JLA. We will also be extending the opportunity to offer the opportunity to Year 5 and 6 students, too.
Activities on offer include :
Baking Galore, Team Building Leckie Style, Enterprising IT, Looking at the World Through Haiku Eyes and Isometric Drawings and Spatial Reasoning.
Dates at JLA
15th - 18th August
22nd - 25th August