Our Beliefs and values with regard to SEND
The vision for all our students is inclusion, ensuring that they have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and to provide an environment where students can grow in confidence and self-esteem and develop independence.
We endeavour to foster an atmosphere in which students experience a sense of belonging at Joseph Leckie Academy and feel that they are able to make a contribution to the school community irrespective of their status. We believe that every child has a right to enjoy and achieve. This includes students with special educational needs and disabilities. We also believe that every teacher is a teacher of SEND.
In order to achieve this, Joseph Leckie Academy will:
- Ensure that all students with special educational needs have their needs identified and met.
- Operate a whole - Academy approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs.
- Make effective provision to ensure inclusion.
- Offer full access to a broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum.
- Ensure that the progress of all students with special educational needs is carefully monitored.
- Provide advice and support to all staff working with students with special educational needs students.
For any SEN Enquiries to the Academy, please contact our SENCO:
Mr Kristian Wallworth
Telephone: 01922 721071 (ext. 217)
Walsall Council SENDIAS
At Walsall Council SENDIASS we are able to provide free, impartial, confidential advice and support about education, health and social care to children, young people and their parents on matters relating to special educational needs and disability.
John Bird - email: email@example.com - Tel: 07384821795
Aileen Overton - email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 07827311786
To view our SEND Policy please visit our Policies page.
Access Arrangements Policy:
To view our Access Arrangements Policy, please visit our Policies page.
Special Educational Needs Information Report:
To view our SEND Information Report, Click Here.
Walsall Council Local SEN Offer:
Walsall Council’s Local Offer sets out information on what is available for children and young people from birth to 25 years in one place and covers universal, targeted and specialist provision for children, young people and their families, please click here to find out more.