Principal's Welcome / Academy Mission Statement
Joseph Leckie Academy provides a safe but challenging environment which maximises opportunities for all members of the community. We work in partnership with parents to equip all of our students to be confident and effective young people and lifelong learners.
I understand that choosing a secondary school is one of the most important decisions you will make and we strive to ensure that students of all abilities do exceptionally well here.
We strongly believe that your child is entitled to a fulfilling and enjoyable learning experience. Here at Joseph Leckie Academy we provide just that thanks to our caring and committed staff, outstanding state-of-the-art computing facilities.
Our approach is founded on understanding the importance of the partnership between you, as parents, the Academy and your child. We emphasise traditional standards of uniform, good manners, discipline and respect whilst providing a very relevant and modern education, which will help our students succeed both in the workplace and in society in general.
We are proud of our exam results with on average 70% of our students gaining 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C. Most of our students remain with us for sixth form study and go on to take places at established universities.
I am privileged to be the Principal of Joseph Leckie Academy. It is a school where staff really care for students and go to tremendous lengths to help them succeed. There have been excellent improvements over recent years and we are continually striving to transform the learning experience for our students.
We understand that our website can only tell you so much and we invite you to visit us and see what we offer. Our Open Evening and Open Days provide a great opportunity to meet staff members.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Academy.
Keith Whittlestone - Principal
Our Main Aims are to:
Fully develop the talents of all our students so that they achieve their full potential whilst helping them to understand the positive benefits of working with others.
Inspire creative and imaginative thinking whilst increasing their skills of independent enquiry.
Promote the growth of sound morality and lay the foundations for a happy, successful and healthy adult life.
To equip students with a positive attitude to learning and life; be equipped with the skills that will enable them to participate effectively in an ever changing society.
To produce a greater level of respect for themselves and others, by developing an awareness of the role and contribution of the individual within a local, national and international context.
Your cooperation is imperative. To help us achieve the best for our students we ask that you:
- Get in touch with the Academy straight away if you have any concerns whatsoever.
- Monitor your son/daughter’s homework and speak to us if you have any queries.
- Ensure that the your son/daughter is punctual and well presented by adhering to our Academy Uniform policy.
- Make every effort possible to join us at Academy events, such as Parent’s Evening and other events to increase our parental engagement.
- Keep us updated of any changes in your details, such as telephone/email/address changes. This is especially important in case of emergencies.
- Work with us wherever possible to ensure that your son/daughter reaches their full potential, during their time here at Joseph Leckie Academy.