Physical Education (P.E)
During Year 7 students will be Introduced to a wide variety of physical activities aimed at developing their interest in physical education.
Each activity is designed to improve one or more of the following skills:
- Participation as part of a team.
- Cooperation and leadership skills.
- Improve coordination
- Improve overall fitness
- Promote a healthy lifestyle.
Students follow a programme which includes the following:
- Badminton/short tennis.
Weaker swimmers will benefit from extra tuition in the pool as this is regarded as a very important part of physical education.
Gifted and Talented Provison
- The Academy has a regular fixtures programme for teams and individuals to participate in a variety of sports / activities.
- Students are encouraged to participate in these. A full programme of House based competitions is also organised.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
- There are a wide variety of extra-curricular clubs at lunchtimes and after school. These are advertised within the Academy regularly.
- Students will undergo regular assessments during lessons in the varied activities. The overall assessment level will be based on their overall ability in physical education.
- Assessments will be used to track student progress and inform decisions about sets. Students will be set individual targets in order to improve their assessment levels and raise their future aspirations.
- Academy PE kit