Students entering the Academy in Year 7 follow a newly developed mathematics scheme of Work. Students study topics designed to build on their Key Stage 2 knowledge and understanding As the Academy has a condensed two year KS3, students are provided with the opportunity to make at least two levels of progress throughout the two years.
Students will cover the following modules:
- Special numbers and powers
- Angles and proof
- Directed numbers
- Linear Sequences
- Algebraic expressions and brackets
- Ratio and proportion
- Perimeter and Area
- Functions and Graphs
- Time / Solving equations
- Shape & constructions
Gifted and Talented Provision
- A fantastic opportunity to participate in the UKMT national test and gain a gold, silver or bronze certificate.
- All students in Year 7 are required to complete two pieces of written homework each week to reinforce learning.
- After each module is completed, students will be given a summary homework to complete which will provide a national curriculum level. The modular booklets will assess the understanding of each topic and highlight student’s strengths and areas of development, so further action can be taken to raise attainment.
- During the year, students will also complete eight summative assessments carried under examination conditions. Students will also be given national curriculum level for each module.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
- A homework club is available each week at lunchtime for all students in years 7 to 10
- Pen, Pencil, Ruler and Rubber