Key Stage 4 Options
In the spring term during Year 8 you will begin the process of choosing the subjects that you would like to study in Year 9 - 11, otherwise known as Key Stage 4 Options. It is important that you take your time and discuss this process with your parents/carers and teachers so that you consider which subjects will give you the best chance of reaching your future goals.
There are core subjects that ALL students will study and then there are option subjects which you can choose to study, you will choose one subject per option block. Full details of the option subjects and how/when to choose will be given to you by your form tutor and if you need any help or advice your Form Tutor/Head of Year should be your first port of call; but you can ask any member of staff for advice and you should also discuss your possible options with your parents/carers.
Things to remember:
- Start thinking about your subject choices and career ideas, and doing some research - the Unifrog Careers Library is a great place to start!
- Speak to people about your thoughts and get their help and advice.
- Make sure that you get the best grades that you can in English and Maths, these are key subjects whatever you decide to do after Year 11 and gaining at least a Grade 4 in Maths and English will mean you have plenty of options for post 16 study.
- Don't worry if you keep changing your mind about what you want to do in your future - just keep talking to people and finding out more about your ideas
- If you're not sure what to do, make decisions and choices that keep your options as open as much as possible.