Throughout Year 7 students will experience a range of scenarios through which they develop problem solving and team working skills. Lessons will aim to inspire their imagination and develop information technology skills which they can transfer to other areas of the curriculum and to their everyday life. Lessons will be taught in dedicated computer suites by ICT specialists throughout Year 7.
Students will have the opportunity to study the following:
- Presentation- PowerPoint presentation on autobiography.
- Databases - Design, create and manipulate a database. Query a database
- Spreadsheets [Harry Plotter] - Explore spread sheet models , applying basic Maths.
- Game Making [Scratch] - An introduction to computer programming through game design.
- Information Validity - Researching information. Questioning reliability, trustworthiness and validity.
- Graphics [Fireworks] - Graphical manipulation tools skills building. Use bitmap and vector graphics .
- Flash Animation - Plan and design an animation sequence.
- Web Design [Dreamweaver] - Plan and design simple web pages.
Gifted and Talented Provision
- Opportunities to develop ICT knowledge and understanding through the use of advanced technology.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
- Lunchtime ICT Clubs.
- Animation Club.
- Robotics Club.
- Students are assessed regularly through projects they complete with assessments following the National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- Assessments will be used to track student progress, inform decisions about sets and create individual targets which will raise their aspirations.
- Minimum 2GB Memory Stick.