Free School Meals
Free School Meals – Lockdown January 2021
If you are a parent or carer and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190).
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Working Tax Credit run on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
What To Do Next?
If your application for Free School Meals is successful, Joseph Leckie Academy will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can:
- Apply online at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/link2ict
- Ask at reception for details.
Free School Meals – Lockdown 2021
From Monday 25th January, the Academy is now using the government's Free School Meal voucher system for eligible students. We will have no on site catering provision, students who are attending site will need to be provided with a pack lunch by parents/carers.
Academy Reception is manned from 8am daily - 01922 721071
If parents are on a low income, and there is a risk that their children will go without food or heating this week (whilst awaiting further FSM guidance) they can apply for help directly via the Council’s Crisis Support Scheme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01922 652250.