Design & Technology
Throughout Year 7 students will be given the opportunity to develop skills in a range of Design and Technology areas. The projects are designed to inspire the students and to encourage them to understand and explore materials in food, resistant materials, textiles, graphics, electronics and CAD/CAM.
Students will be taught on a rotation of the above subjects to ensure they can develop skills across all areas.
- Healthy Eating and Diet.
- Basic Food Preparation.
- Themed Design Project.
- Working with hardwoods, manufactured boards and electronics to create products such as the Jigsaw, Desk Tidy, Night Light and Planter.
- Textiles Students develop basic sewing and fabric manipulation skills in a soft toy design and make project.
- Studying what graphic designers do and developing healthy packaging nets.
- Examining electronic inputs and outputs to create a fuse tester.
- Studying how computer aided design and manufacturing can make useful products.
Gifted and Talented Provision
Students are encouraged to exceed target levels in Year 7 through the use of Schemes of Work designed to prepare students for transition into Key Stage 4.
Extra Curricular Opportunities
- Access to computer suite for design technology homework.
- Students are assessed on the projects they complete in each course area and over the year will be assessed on each part of the programme of study from the National Curriculum.
- Assessments will be used to track student progress, inform decisions about sets and create individual targets which will raise student aspirations.
- Pen, Pencil, Ruler, Pencil Sharpener & Rubber.