CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development
This will be taught over three years and provide an understanding of:
- How children grow and learn from birth to 5 years.
- Types of provision for care and education of children.
- Learning styles and study skills
- Health and safety issues when working with children.
- Child Protection issues and legislation surrounding these.
Learning will involve class discussions, written work, production of posters, booklets and resources to use with young children. This will build the students’ skills which will support lifelong learning.
Learners can progress to Level 3 Health and Social Care or Level 3 Early Years Educator. This can then lead to university or careers such as nursing, social work, teaching, child care and elderly care.
Unit 1 – An introduction to working with children 0-5 years
Unit 2- Development and well-being of children 0-5 years
Unit 3 – Child care and development of children 0-5 years (Examination module)
Units 1 and 2 are coursework based and are assessed internally.
Unit 3 is externally examined with a multiple choice paper, which is based on learning from units 1 and 2.