COVID 19 / Coronavirus update - 17th March 2020
COVID 19 / Coronavirus update - 17th March 2020.
It is vital all parents follow the advice released by the government on Monday 16th March which stated the following:
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
new continuous cough, and/or high temperature, high temperature
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection
If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 14 days from when your symptoms started. This period of self isolation should apply to everyone in your household.
- This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious. Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- Sleep alone, if that is possible.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.