Teacher of Business Studies
REQUIRED FOR JANUARY 2020 – TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES
Joseph Leckie Academy is an 11 – 18 Mixed Converter Academy NOR 1422 (including 245 in the Sixth Form)
An enthusiastic, dedicated and innovative teacher of business is required to join this very successful and forward thinking department within the Academy. The candidate is required to be a Business Studies specialist with QTS. Business Studies is a very popular choice at Key Stages 4 and 5 and results are consistently high. The Business department is relatively large, made up of three full time and two, part time colleagues. Business lessons take place in fully ICT equipped classrooms.
Business Studies is taught as an option at Key Stage 4 following the Pearson BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award specification. Students study Business for two hours per week from Year 9 with results by the end of Year 11 being amongst the strongest in the Academy.
Business is an extremely popular subject within the Sixth Form; Post 16 Business courses include BTEC National (2016) Extended Certificate and Diploma in Business, Edexcel A Level Business (2015) and BTEC Level 2 Technical in Business and Enterprise.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent and creative teaching skills which engage students.
- Good classroom management and high expectations of students.
- The ability to motivate and inspire students.
- The commitment and determination to raise student progress.
- An ability to work well as part of a team and take an active part in departmental developments.
We can offer you: -
- Excellent resources and facilities – brand new state of the art teaching facilities from January 2020.
- Excellent support and induction programme.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Computers for students’ use within all lessons.
- Wi-Fi connectivity in all classrooms.
Alternatively please telephone Sam Richards on extension 204 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details.
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB check.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18TH 2019
Interviews will be held during the week beginning October 21st 2019.