Free Football Sessions at Walsall FC
Joseph Leckie Academy is working collaboratively with Walsall FCCP, to provide students the opportunity to attend ‘Walsall Kicks’. 'Walsall Kicks' is a Free football session taking place at Walsall FC every Friday after the Autumn half term.
The aim of the initiative is to:
- Increase playing, coaching and officiating opportunities in football and a range of sports (8-18 yrs)
- Enhance physical and mental wellbeing, including self-esteem, ambition and social skills
- Strengthen communities with a culture of volunteering, social action and positive role models – supporting education, training and employment pathways (focusing on 16-25 yrs)
- Work in partnership with young people, the police and other stakeholders to support the younger generation with the societal challenges they face (eg youth violence) and to improve community safety
- Inspire young people to develop positive, supportive relationships with one another and the authorities
If students/parents would like to find out more about this community event, there will be a Launch event Friday 1st November at Walsall FC at 3.30pm (Half Term holiday), which they can attend.
With our Partnership with Walsall FCCP #PL Kicks offers young people access to free football and sports sessions, as well as workshops - supporting education, training and employment pathways. To get involved with Kicks or for more information please email email@example.com