Teacher of English (MPS / UPS)
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and innovative teacher of English to join our large, successful and forward thinking faculty. The faculty consistently produces excellent results and the Academy prides itself on offering extensive training opportunities and ongoing support through CPD for staff at all levels.
As a new member of staff at Joseph Leckie Academy, we expect:
- The ability to lead, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
- A resilient, hard-working commitment to improving student outcomes.
- The desire to cultivate a positive working environment.
- A creative approach to teaching English.
- Good classroom management and high expectations of students.
- A high level of professionalism.
- The ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in English.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
Applications are invited from NQTs and experienced teachers. The Academy is well subscribed at Key Stage 5 and offers English Literature at A-Level; therefore, the ability to offer this would be an advantage but not essential.
Application forms are available on our main Vacancies page.
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB check.
Closing date for applications: - Friday, 20th March 2020
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 23rd March 2020